Technical Data Sheet
WearMax Wood and Cork Primer for new Floors
Product No.: 6503
General: Waterborne base coat, based on Acrylic and Polyurethane Dispersions. WearMax Primer
6503 dries clear on all Wood species and Cork. Primer 6503 is specially formulated to reduce side
bonding on new constructions.For old floors that were coated previously the edges are sealed already
and require one coat of WearMax High Build Sealer 6500.
Properties: Primer 6503 is specially formulated to create a sand able layer on the substrates
mentioned above without gluing the edges of the individual panels together. It guaranties superior
sunlight resistance as well as excellent flow. Primer 6503 is VOC compliant and water soluble if not
cured. 6503 levels perfectly, dries fast with minimal grain raise. WearMax Primer 6503 can be sanded
easily with floor buffer and 100 – 120 grit screen to remove grain raise.
- Spread rate: 350 – 400 sq.ft./Gal.
- Dry Time: 2 – 3 hrs.
- Viscosity: 12 – 13 sec. 4 mm DIN Cup
- Hazards: Health: 1 slight
- Fire: 0
- Reactivity: 1 slight
- Shelf Life: 12 Months in original unopened Container (stir vigorously before use)
- Appearance: milky white to slightly yellow
- VOC: 22.8 gr./ltr.
- Solids: 24.5 %
- Apply WearMax Primer 6503 on raw and well-prepared substrate. Allow drying time of
45 – 60 min. and apply another coat of 6503 without sanding.
- Allow dry time of 2 –3 hours.
- Apply 2 Coats of WearMax Primer 6503 (as mentioned above) with a lightweight T-Bar and short nap applicator sleeve and roll with Trustor Roller applicator immediately.
- Allow dry time of 2 – 3 hours.
- Buff with 100 – 120 grit screen.
- Apply Advanced Ceramic Armor 6501 (see Technical Data Sheet).
- WearMax Primer 6503 is free of formaldehyde, insecticides/pesticides and heavy metals
(according to EN 71).
Remarks: Trustor Coatings is producing high quality coatings, based on suitable application methods
and technologies. Our proposal is considered as recommendation only without obligations. Our
proposals are based on experience and latest know-how; they do not release from careful and
proper production and quality control.
For further information see MSDS / Application instructions on label, or call Trustor Coatings at